1. General – All orders are subject to these conditions of sale and the placing of an order by the buyer shall be considered acceptance of these conditions. These conditions many not be modified or varied unless Allen Lighting Limited hereinafter referred to as “the Company” agrees in writing and the Company shall not be deemed to accept such other conditions nor waive any of these conditions by failing to object to provisions contained in any purchase order or other communication from the buyer. No person has authority on behalf of the Company to vary any condition except a Director of Company Secretary and then only in writing by a Director or the Secretary.
2. Despatch Policy - While every effort will be made to ensure that all items shown are available to order we offer no guarantee of availability and this electronic publication does not constitute an offer for sale.
If we are unable to supply the goods required to your particular specifications, you will be notified as soon as possible after we receive your order, and you will be offered a full refund or an alternative.
You will be sent confirmation of your order within a few days, by email. It is the customers responsibility to notify us of any errors or changes required within 2 days of receipt of confirmation.
It is the customers responsibility to advise us of non-receipt of the confirmation.
Your receipt will specify an expected despatch date. If we are unable to despatch within the expected time frame, we will contact you with an estimated despatch date.
3. Prices and Tax. Card - transactions are completed once we receive your order. The Credit cards accepted are VISA, MASTERCARD, VISA DELTA, SOLO, MAESTRO and transactions are subject to the exchange rate on the date of transaction. Delivery to non-European countries may result in import duties payable on receipt of the goods. You will be liable for these duties. We reserve the right to charge 3% on top of all orders paid by credit card.
4. Quotations - All quotations are ex works and ex CIF unless otherwise specified. The prices quoted are based upon current trade prices and are subject to any manufacturers price increase at time of dispatch.
5. Orders – orders sent in confirmation of telephone instructions should be clearly marked as such otherwise any additional expense incurred by the Company as a result of duplication of order, will be charged to the buyer.
Large Trade Orders - On larger trade orders we may accept a deposit of 50% of the total cost of the order (depending on the products ordered), with the balance payment due within 2 weeks of the date of email sent specifying that the goods are ready for dispatch. No goods are released until all funds have been cleared and are showing in our account.
Sales to Countries Outside of UK
Any Tuscanor own brand products will be shipped unwired for wiring by an qualified electrician in the destination country unless agreed otherwise in writing prior to order being placed. Any lights we supply under the Tuscanor brand as a distributor, which may be supplied wired MUST BE rewired by your own qualified electrician to meet your required country's standards. We accept no responsibility if this is not adhered to.
6. Damage in Transit and Shortages Etc – All goods will require a signature on receipt of delivery and you are required to check the goods yourself at the time of delivery. Your signature on the delivery note will mean that the goods have been received in good condition. No claim can be accepted once the goods have been signed for in good condition. We do not accept goods being signed for 'unchecked' or 'not inspected' etc. All goods are despatched in perfect condition and should be received in the same condition but if they are not they should be refused at the time of delivery and handed back to the courier. If someone is to sign for the goods on your behalf you are still responsible for the delivery and the goods must be checked in the same manner as if you were receiving the goods yourself. We cannot except any claim whatsoever under any circumstance if the goods are not checked at the time of the delivery and the courier has not been informed at the time of delivery. In the event that goods are damaged written confirmation from the courier must be obtained at the time of delivery.
The Company will replace free of charge goods damaged in transit provided that the Company receive written notification of such damage within 24 hours of delivery. Goods received in a damaged or unsatisfactory condition must be signed for as such. This is extremely important in the event the courier refuses to take the goods back at the time of delivery.
On receipt, goods should be checked with the advice note enclosed with the goods. Shortage claims and delivery discrepancies will only be considered if the Company receives notification of such shortages within 24 hours of delivery, failing which no liability will be admitted. The packing and contents should always be retained for inspection.
The company except no responsibility for any consequential losses or delays whatsoever in the event goods are not received in good condition and/or goods are lost in transit.
The company must in the first instance be given the opportunity to replace the damaged, incorrect finish, or lost goods whether or not they are in stock. If the goods are not in stock the company will arrange for the manufacture of replacement goods as soon as possible.
7. Returns - We want you to be happy with your purchase from us, we offer a 14 day returns policy for any unwanted items that are not made to order or bespoke. Please refer to our returns policy by clicking here.
8. Cancellation - We reserve the right to implement an administration charge of 20% minimum for orders cancelled by the customer at any time prior to manufacture of that order. Once the item is in the manufacturing process we cannot accept any cancellation of the order. We will however refund any postage charges. If an order was paid for by credit card and is cancelled by the customer, we reserve the right to implement a 2% charge.
9. Bespoke Goods - All bespoke products which are made to the customer's own specification and the Tuscanor branded products are made to order and therefore cannot be returned or accepted for credit under any circumstances. Bespoke products made to your specification cannot be cancelled or changed once manufacture has begun and we cannot take responsibility for customer generated mistakes and we do not supply samples of bespoke items. We will incur no liability for any errors in the quotation or specification not corrected by you prior to the commencement of manufacture. We may provide you with an estimated timescale for the production of bespoke work, such estimates are strictly advisory and are not guarantees. We will incur no liability for delays in the production of bespoke work.
10. Variations, Colours, shapes and sizes - The colour of goods may vary slightly from that shown on the website due to limitations of browser software and monitors and we do not accept responsibility for any variations. Due to the hand-made or hand finished nature of many of our products, there may be slight fluctuations in size, finish and/or designs. Some colour or finish variations may occur from time to time during the manufacturing process and we will accept no responsibility for this.
11. Descriptive Matter and Illustrations – All descriptive and forwarding specifications, drawings and particulars of weights and dimensions issued by the Company are approximate only and are intended only to present a general ideal of the goods to which they refer and shall not form part of the contract. Designs of products change from time to time and we reserve the right to supply the products with those design changes without notice. Styles and designs may vary slightly to the image shown and we reserve the right to alter any design at any time without prior notice. Designs may vary depending on each Manufacturer and we reserve the right to supply you with any updated or altered design howsoever great or small.
12. Warranty – The Company’s liability in respect of all goods supplied by it shall be limited to giving the buyer the benefit of any guarantee or warranty given by the manufacturer of such goods. The Company shall not be under any further liability howsoever arising and all conditions and warranties expressed or implied by or under statue custom or trade usage and hereby expressly excluded.
13. Confidentiality - All confidential information, including credit card details, are held securely and only transmitted in encrypted form. Customer details are not passed to third parties, but we reserve the right to pass on customers contact numbers to parcel carriers in the event of delivery difficulties, unless specifically requested not to do so. All customer details are used only in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
14. Indemnity - You agree to indemnify us against any claims, losses, liabilities, damages and expenses (including legal fees), arising out of your use of this site.
15. Jurisdiction - The Contract will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties to the Contract submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
16. Failed Deliveries - All orders whether "Free delivery" or "Charged for" delivery refers to an order being sent to a given address once only. We reserve the right to request any subsequent delivery costs from the customer, if the item is returned to us due to failed delivery.
17. Consumer Rights - None of the above Terms and Conditions affects your statutory consumer rights.
18. Price Promise - We are confident that we offer the best available prices on our web site. However if you find an identical product at a cheaper price we are happy to price match. The competitor must be a UK based registered company with an e-commerce website through which they are trading. We will view the competitor website to confirm product and price. The competitors products must not be offered at or below our cost prices. This price promise does not apply to items that are offered elsewhere as special offers, promotions or discounts that does not reflect their usual selling price. Price Promise offers are subject to all our usual terms and conditions including stock availability, delivery charges and returns policy. We also reserve the right to refuse to match or beat any competitor's price if we are unable to do so without financial loss.
19. Booking your Electrician - Please don't. Until you've received all your items and you're happy with them that is. We cannot be liable for any losses caused by delayed delivery or pre-booked electrical installers.
20. Errors in Pricing - We reserve the right to decline any order where there is an obvious mistake such as a typing error in the pricing on the web site.