1. General – All orders are subject to these conditions of sale and the placing of an order by the buyer shall be considered acceptance of these conditions. These conditions many not be modified or varied unless Allen Lighting Limited hereinafter referred to as “the Company” agrees in writing and the Company shall not be deemed to accept such other conditions nor waive any of these conditions by failing to object to provisions contained in any purchase order or other communication from the buyer. No person has authority on behalf of the Company to vary any condition except a Director of Company Secretary and then only in writing by a Director or the Secretary.
2. Despatch Policy - While every effort will be made to ensure that all items shown are available to order we offer no guarantee of availability and this electronic publication does not constitute an offer for sale.
If we are unable to supply the goods required to your particular specifications, you will be notified as soon as possible after we receive your order, and you will be offered a full refund or an alternative.
You will be sent confirmation of your order within a few days, by email. It is the customers responsibility to notify us of any errors or changes required within 2 days of receipt of confirmation.
It is the customers responsibility to advise us of non-receipt of the confirmation.
Your receipt will specify an expected despatch date. If we are unable to despatch within the expected time frame, we will contact you with an estimated despatch date.
3. Prices and Tax. Card - transactions are completed once we receive your order. The Credit cards accepted are VISA, MASTERCARD, VISA DELTA, SOLO, MAESTRO and transactions are subject to the exchange rate on the date of transaction. Delivery to non-European countries may result in import duties payable on receipt of the goods. You will be liable for these duties. .
4. Orders – orders sent in confirmation of telephone instructions should be clearly marked as such otherwise any additional expense incurred by the Company as a result of duplication of order, will be charged to the buyer.
5. Damage in Transit and Shortages Etc – All goods will require a signature on receipt of delivery and you are required to check the goods yourself at the time of delivery. Your signature on the delivery note will mean that the goods have been received in good condition. No claim can be accepted once the goods have been signed for in good condition. We do not accept goods being signed for 'unchecked' or 'not inspected' etc. All goods are despatched in perfect condition and should be received in the same condition but if they are not they should be refused at the time of delivery and handed back to the courier. If someone is to sign for the goods on your behalf you are still responsible for the delivery and the goods must be checked in the same manner as if you were receiving the goods yourself. We cannot except any claim whatsoever under any circumstance if the goods are not checked at the time of the delivery and the courier has not been informed at the time of delivery. In the event that goods are damaged written confirmation from the courier must be obtained at the time of delivery.
The Company will replace free of charge goods damaged in transit provided that the Company receive written notification of such damage within 24 hours of delivery. Goods received in a damaged or unsatisfactory condition must be signed for as such. This is extremely important in the event the courier refuses to take the goods back at the time of delivery.
On receipt, goods should be checked with the advice note enclosed with the goods. Shortage claims and delivery discrepancies will only be considered if the Company receives notification of such shortages within 24 hours of delivery, failing which no liability will be admitted. The packing and contents should always be retained for inspection.
The company except no responsibility for any consequential losses or delays whatsoever in the event goods are not received in good condition and/or goods are lost in transit.
The company must in the first instance be given the opportunity to replace the damaged or lost goods whether or not they are in stock. If the goods are not in stock the company will arrange for the manufacture of replacement goods as soon as possible.
6. Returns – We have a simple returns policy which means if you are unhappy with any item, it can be returned for an exchange or full refund of the price of the item within 7 days.
The item must be returned in an unworn/unused condition, complete with tags attached and in original packaging. Postage costs are not refundable unless the return is a result of our error. Then we will be happy to refund the delivery charge except any special courier charge. All returns are subject to a 20% restocking charge.
Goods correctly supplied may not be returned without the Company’s agreement. A handling charge of 20% will be made in such cases. Goods so returned must be accompanied by a packing note stating the Company’s Delivery Note number and date thereof together with the reason for return. Returned goods should be sent by recorded delivery as we are not liable for any items lost in the post.
Any article which has been supplied to special requirements cannot be accepted for credit under any circumstances.
7. Cancellation - We reserve the right to implement an administration charge of 20% minimum for orders cancelled by the customer at any time prior to manufacture of that order. Once the item has been manufactured we cannot accept any cancellation of the order. We will however refund any postage charges.
8. Variations, Colours, shapes and sizes - The colour of goods may vary slightly from that shown on the website due to limitations of browser software and monitors and we do not accept responsibility for any variations Due to the hand-made nature of many of our products, there may be slight fluctuations in size and/or designs with prior notice.
9. Descriptive Matter and Illustrations – All descriptive and forwarding specifications, drawings and particulars of weights and dimensions issued by the Company are approximate only and are intended only to present a general ideal of the goods to which they refer and shall not form part of the contract. Designs of products change from time to time and we reserve the right to supply the products with those design changes without notice. Styles and designs may vary slightly to the image shown and we reserve the right to alter any design at any time without prior notice. Designs may vary depending on each Manufacturer and we reserve the right to supply you with any updated or altered design howsoever great or small.
10. Warranty – The Company’s liability in respect of all goods supplied by it shall be limited to giving the buyer the benefit of any guarantee or warranty given by the manufacturer of such goods. The Company shall not be under any further liability howsoever arising and all conditions and warranties expressed or implied by or under statue custom or trade usage and hereby expressly excluded.
11. Confidentiality - All confidential information, including credit card details, are held securely and only transmitted in encrypted form. Customer details are not passed to third parties, but we reserve the right to pass on customers contact numbers to parcel carriers in the event of delivery difficulties, unless specifically requested not to do so. All customer details are used only in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
12. Indemnity - You agree to indemnify us against any claims, losses, liabilities, damages and expenses (including legal fees), arising out of your use of this site.
13. Jurisdiction - The Contract will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties to the Contract submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
14. Failed Deliveries - All orders whether "Free delivery" or "Charged for" delivery refers to an order being sent to a given address once only. We reserve the right to request any subsequent delivery costs from the customer, if the item is returned to us due to failed delivery.
15. Consumer Rights - None of the above Terms and Conditions affects your statutory consumer rights.
16. Special Offers - 'lucky 7' day is a one day only promotion of 7% discount on the item/s price. Once the goods have been paid for and delivered to the first 7 customers who placed their orders on 'lucky 7' day, a 7% rebate cheque will be sent to those 7 customers. The 7% is not discounted off anything else other than the price of the item/s excluding VAT and delivery charges if they apply. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer! Rebate offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. The rebate is not discounted off anything else other than the price of the item/s excluding VAT and delivery charges if they apply. The rebate is applied once the goods have been paid for in full and the goods have been despatched. b. 1 week holiday for four in North Devon with orders over £2999.00 excluding VAT is based on the manufacturers recommended retail price of the products purchased and not any discounted price. It is based on 2 adults and 2 children and is for 'accommodation only' staying in a barn conversion property at CountryWays in Atherington, North Devon up to the value of £500.00 inclusive of VAT. This is a non-transferable offer and the holiday must be taken between 01st June 2011 and 09th December 2011. This is a limited offer and once all availability is taken the offer will be withdrawn without further notice. No cash alternative will be offered. The Company's decision is final should any dispute arise. All offers can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Cashback offers - the offer refers to the excluding VAT total only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. All cashback earned will only be paid in the form of a cheque following the delivery of your order and cheques will be made payable to the person who made the order. Cashback offers cannot be combined to make a greater total and therefore only one cashback can be earned at a time when an order is placed. If an order is cancelled and/or returned the cashback offer becomes null and void and any cashback given will be decducted from any refund due. The casback offer is only valid on new orders placed after 27th December 2011 and cannot be given retrospectively. The Company's decision is final and the Company can withdraw the promotion at any time without recourse from any customer.